This is my first blog, so im sorry if i go on abit.
As a software/web/system tester im always involved in one why, or another, testing in other OS like for instance Linux, where I am currently using Unbuntus 11.04. Now it was while I was getting a look and feel for this latest release that I tried to get Quality Centre 10 to work, through determined progress I managed to download a free version of QCExplorerAdin program.
Since this particular program runs on windows I had to install WINE, this program convinces the window base program into thinking it downloading on to a windows platform.
Once I had successfully installed the ExploreAdin program I entered the weblink for Quality centre and pressed the go button. As is the norm for quality centre it started to download the relevant packages and tools. All was going well until it stop downloading. After waiting for at least 5 minutes nothing had progressed.
When I repeated the same process on my windows box I found that several pop-up messages where displayed asking whether I wanted to continue to download, to which I selected yes and the processed to continue until the Quality Centre login screen was displayed.
After grilling the internet for a hour or so, im still no wiser as to how to continue. Whether to purist and find there is no way of doing it or to give up now while I still have hair and nails.
The question I would have like to have asked HP: QC is why haven’t you come up with a version of QC that works on both Mac OS X and Linux. As these two operation systems are quickly growing in popularity among testers or is HP hard at work on introducing a version of QC for these OS's, who knows what going off in that glass building
No comments:
Post a Comment